The Giritale Wildlife Department nursed to health an elephant that was found to have consumed vast amounts of polythene.
The elephant was found lying in a swamp at Manampitiya, Nelumwila on January 29.
The Giritale Wildlife Department said the elephant was moved out of the swamp with a backhoe and treated with 30 bottles of saline.
Giritale Wildlife Department veterinary surgeon said the elephant had discharged 40 kilogrammes of polythene, after being given 40 litres of water and 3 litres of coconut oil.
Please credit and share this article with others using this link:http://www.dailynews.lk/2017/02/07/local/106999/wildlife-department-nurses-polythene-ingested-elephant-heath?page=7